A second XS650 gets bored out to 750 and fitted with nitrous oxide injection. My first magazine articles – Sahara XT500 and Ducati 900SS – get published in March Bike and Which Bike. The future looks bright.
The year ends with a trans-Sahara trip to Dakar on an XT600Z. Painted black, naturally, as Mad Max would have wished.
- Quick ride: Fantic 500 Caballero Scrambler review
- Wanted: Your Trip Reports for AMH8
- Quick Ride: Honda NC750X DCT review
- Tested: Klim Traverse II jacket
- Quick ride: Yamaha XT700 Tenere review
- Olympus TG5 Tough – a great motorcycle travel camera
- Yamaha’s Ténéré travel bikes
- Quick Look: Adventure Spec Trail Waterproof Shell jacket
- My Tweets