Most of 1983 was spent dicking about in Ozzie; not raising the money to become a commercial diver. I bought DR250; a GS450, some gold off a prospector and picked a lot of fruit in Gumlu, Qld. Few people know how close we came to WW3 that year. Just before I left Sydney I mistakenly took what would soon be known as an E, and also clocked the new XT600Z in a shop. A sign of things to come.
Back in Gower St I pass a diving course fail but fail a medical, write off a pair of RS250s, but buy a lovely XS650. More great music and more great films: The Big Chill; The Hunger; Stop Making Sense; Rumblefish; The Right Stuff.
- Quick ride: Fantic 500 Caballero Scrambler review
- Wanted: Your Trip Reports for AMH8
- Quick Ride: Honda NC750X DCT review
- Tested: Klim Traverse II jacket
- Quick ride: Yamaha XT700 Tenere review
- Olympus TG5 Tough – a great motorcycle travel camera
- Yamaha’s Ténéré travel bikes
- Quick Look: Adventure Spec Trail Waterproof Shell jacket
- My Tweets