Most of 1983 was spent dicking about in Ozzie; not raising the money to become a commercial diver. I bought DR250; a GS450, some gold off a prospector and picked a lot of fruit in Gumlu, Qld. Few people know how close we came to WW3 that year. Just before I left Sydney I mistakenly took an E and clocked the new XT600Z in a shop.
Back in Gower St I pass a diving course fail but fail a medical, write off a pair of RS250s, and buy a lovely XS650. More great music and more great films: The Big Chill; The Hunger; Stop Making Sense; Rumblefish; The Right Stuff.
- Dawn-to-Dusk: Fishguard to Kintyre via Belfast
- Review: Aerostich AD1 Light Pants
- How to weigh your motorcycle
- Honda CRF450L – the new DR-Z400? [no]
- XSR 700: fork springs; pipe; screen
- BMW G310GS: 600km in Morocco [video]
- Tested: Adventure Spec Linesman jacket
- Tested: TCX Baja Mid boots in the Sahara
- My Tweets