1981 and my biking back catalogue and street riding know-how grows. But trail biking in the UK is just too restrictive. After reading about the California desert racing scene in Dirt Bike, I start preparing my second XT500 for the Sahara.
Meanwhile Thatcher and unemployment and nuclear sabre-rattling and racial unrest contribute to a nationwide outbreak of rioting, including Brixton, just down the road from out Kennington squat.
- Quick ride: Fantic 500 Caballero Scrambler review
- Wanted: Your Trip Reports for AMH8
- Quick Ride: Honda NC750X DCT review
- Tested: Klim Traverse II jacket
- Quick ride: Yamaha XT700 Tenere review
- Olympus TG5 Tough – a great motorcycle travel camera
- Yamaha’s Ténéré travel bikes
- Quick Look: Adventure Spec Trail Waterproof Shell jacket
- My Tweets