1981 and my biking back catalogue and street riding know-how grows. But trail biking in the UK is just too restrictive. After reading about the California desert racing scene in Dirt Bike, I start preparing my second XT500 for the Sahara.
Meanwhile Thatcher and unemployment and nuclear sabre-rattling and racial unrest contribute to a nationwide outbreak of rioting, including Brixton, just down the road from out Kennington squat.
- Dawn-to-Dusk: Fishguard to Kintyre via Belfast
- Review: Aerostich AD1 Light Pants
- How to weigh your motorcycle
- Honda CRF450L – the new DR-Z400? [no]
- XSR 700: fork springs; pipe; screen
- BMW G310GS: 600km in Morocco [video]
- Tested: Adventure Spec Linesman jacket
- Tested: TCX Baja Mid boots in the Sahara
- My Tweets