In June 2020 the 450-page, full-colour 8th edition of the Adventure Motorcycling Handbook will be published in the UK at £19.99, US $27.95.
In print for nearly 30 years, hard though it is to believe, with a hundred extra pages the fully revised new edition will be even more comprehensive.
Pre-order your copy now for delivery the moment the pallet gets delivered from the docks in June, weeks or months before AMH8 reaches bookshops and online outlets, especially outside the UK.
The first 50 pre-ordered copies will receive a unique, single-use 18% discount voucher from our good friends at Kriega.
Click below for UK delivery or anywhere abroad.
PRE-ORDER AMH 8 for delivery in June 2020
Read all about it in AMH 8
- Practicalities Planning: when, where and how. Documents, fuel costs, carnets, money, seasons, insurance, currencies, companions, rentals
- Which Bike? What makes a good travel motorcycle. Rated: over two dozen travel bikes from 250 to 1290
- Modification & Preparation Not one stone left unturned in getting the bike ready for your big trip. Luggage, racks, protection, filters, cooling, long-range fuel, tyres, wheels, clothing, seats, screens, lighting, suspension, tyre repairs, kit lists, spares and more
- Life on the Road Dealing with culture shock, borders, emergencies, communications and tracking, shipping and air freight, police trouble, changing money, black market, bribes, camping gear, navigation, wild camping, off-road riding, health and first aid, fault diagnosis, road accidents,
- Continental Route Outlines – Across Latin America, Asia and Africa: the Adventure Motorcycling Zone (‘AMZ’) with best borders and consulate locations, ferries, fuel costs and other information
- Trip Reports from an array of world travellers including Steph Jeavons and Lois Pryce
Originally published in 1991, AMH 8 crams everything you need to know into a single comprehensive resource that’s worth many times its weight in hard-won know-how and weeks of migraine-inducing online research.
AMH readers aren’t expected to have an in-depth knowledge of mechanics, travel health or navigation, so there are full explanations of how things work, and why certain choices are worthwhile.
I don’t claim to know it all, so AMH capitalises on the vast collective knowledge and experience of over two dozen globetrotting contributors and two-wheel adventurists.
These expert contributors – as well as a light touch – are what’s helped ensure that after three decades in print Trailblazer’s Adventure Motorcycling Handbook remains the legendary two-wheel travellers’ bible.
Adventure Motorcycling Handbook 2020
Everything you need to know in one book